Make 2024 the year you move your business forward and thrive.
After a few years of uncertainty in most industries, 2024 is shaping up to be a year of embracing the change that the pandemic brought (or expedited, depending on who you ask) and taking it forward into your business goals and outcomes.
The new year is often a time when we make resolutions. Some of them are easier to follow through than others (think of that empty gym in February), but we think it’s a great time to consider what you want the year to be and set yourself up for success to ensure you get there.
We’re spatial intelligence people. We understand that your space is a big (expensive) wildcard in a changing economy, and that it’s probably factoring into your business resolutions for the new year. It’s a changing economy and it’s important to be deliberate. Resolutions are a great way to rise up to meet challenges in a changing economy when it comes to your business and your space.
Here are the ones we’re most excited about working on in 2024.
We will figure out how to thrive in OUR new way of working.
Work has changed. RTO mandates have come and gone, and now that the dust has settled, it’s time to settle into new ways of working, and move beyond the uncertainty into a place where your employees and business can thrive.
What could this look like? We’re hearing buzz about:
- A focus on personalized, employee focused paths forward that take into account both hybrid and remote work.
- The importance of mentorship and coaching, as well as support for new staff who may not have had experience working collaboratively, or in an office environment due to the pandemic.
- Flexibility. If 2023 was the year of RTO mandates, 2024 will be the year where businesses focus on flexibility as a powerful hiring and retention tool to ensure the best people stick around and help you thrive.
- The need for data to make decisions. 2024 will be a year where a lot of changes and being able to roll with the punches when you’re making big decisions about things in your office space. Data will help you be both confident and accountable in the decisions that you make (hopefully we all learned that employees want to understand the why of big decisions before getting on board from RTO mandates).
We will make our office work for the work that’s taking place.
We’re not going back to 2019, and frankly why would we want to? The new ways of working that we’re establishing post-pandemic have so much potential to improve work for organizations and employees; think cost savings on space you don’t use, and a better live/work balance for your people. In order to keep that momentum moving, 2024 is an excellent time to take a look at your space and:
- Understand if your space is working. What are your employees doing at the office in 2024? How are teams using the office? Do you have the right mix of spaces? If not, what does the right mix of focused and collaborative spaces look like for your organization?
- Consider seeking data that goes beyond badge scans and simple occupancy to ensure that you understand what is going on in all of your footprints as you make changes to help your teams thrive.
We will factor sustainability into our office plans.
Another big shift that is taking place right now is a move towards corporate sustainability. 2024 is a good year to stop and consider what sustainability goals you’d like your business to meet. A good start to this may include:
- Targeting areas where sustainability can be integrated into your existing business, by considering areas like your carbon footprint and the resources you use as a group.
- Building sustainability planning into how you use your space. This may be through less commuting due to hybrid or remote work, or shrinking your footprint with an office restack that reflects how many people are using the space on a day-to-day basis.
- Looking for ways to reduce your bottom line through sustainability initiatives. Could these two goals align so neatly? Absolutely. One of our clients restacked their office and saved a cool $2 million in productivity gains.
We will seek outside the box solutions to thrive in an uncertain and changing economy.
Innovation requires thinking in new ways, and as leaders, doing this on an ongoing basis is required to get the best outcomes for your business. Every business innovates uniquely, but in order to get the best outcomes, we think it’s important to have the right information, and:
- Checking in as you make changes and ensuring that the changes you’re making meet your business goals today, and your plans for the future. Having the data to back up decisions and to check in to ensure that initiatives are successful is an important part of leading intentionally.
- Moving forward with flexibility, to ensure maximum gains. If the data tells you it’s not the right path, and you’re not getting the outcomes you need, it’s time to reassess.
We will embrace change and work with it to strengthen our business.
Change is the only constant, both in life and business, and committing to embracing it in 2024 will open up new possibilities for the way your teams work and how your business operates in an evolving economy. There are a lot of ways to do this, including:
- Being open to hearing what is needed so your teams do their best work, even if it’s not what you imagined.
- Hearing your teams, but also hearing what they’re not saying. Being open to new ways of working and trying things out because you have the right information to shift your business in the right directions.
Resolve to start today.
This is where InnerSpace comes in. We’re at the forefront of spatial intelligence, and in a changing commercial real estate landscape, a call with us is a great way to kick off those resolutions and get excited about your business in 2024. We can help you:
- Embrace change in your office space. Quantitative data will give you the information you need to validate your decisions and design the right kind of spaces where your team will thrive.
- Imagine new possibilities for the way your teams work, and apply them to your space with robust, best-in-class data that can help you make positive changes for your people, like more of the types of spaces they need to do their best work, and more efficient spaces that support the type of work they do every day.
- Evolve your spaces and get excited about the outcomes. Maybe it’s a better work environment for your teams. Maybe it’s saving money through less capital projects and finding underutilized space. It could even be imagining new sustainable ways to operate your business. All of this is possible with spatial intelligence.
Do our resolutions align with where you’re going this year? We’d love to work with you to make spatial intelligence data part of your 2024. Let’s set up a call, and help you find ways to kick off 2024 in brave, new, thriving directions.